INSURANCE ACCOUNT HANDLER
SALARY UP TO £37,500 + CII/ACII SUPPORT + FANTASTIC BENEFITS
Get Recruited are so proud to be representing one of Lincoln's most well respected insurance brokers who are looking to add an experienced Account Handler to their highly successful team which is now expanding. As a well established business of over 50yrs, our client pride pride themselves on the service they offer to their customers. They have a passion for supporting, training and nurturing their team to help them grow.
As an Insurance Account Handler you will be working in a fast-paced environment working with various clients to arrange cover for both new business and renewals. You will also benefit from support to complete your CII, internal support and training and the opportunity to work with some of the most experienced Brokers and Account Execs to improve your knowledge and progress your career.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual from an Account handling / Broking / Insurance Broker background to join a thriving an rewarding business who are one of the best in their field. Offering the ability for growth through CII/ACII Support and comprehensive learning and development programme.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Account Executives with management of client bank.
- To work closely with the Account Executives.
- Develop good communications with all other areas of the business and with customers.
- In conjunction with the Account Executives, assist with detailed reviews of the insurance requirements of existing and potential new customers, and help prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate with Underwriters in placing, amending or renewing client's insurance programmes.
- Ensure all documentation associated with placing, amending or renewing client's insurance programmes is completed in a reasonable timescale and is accurate.
- Assist claims handlers in initial reporting and subsequent negotiation with insurers of a satisfactory settlement of claims, as required.
- Help Account Executives to provide risk advice/risk management/risk prevention information on both Commercial Motor and Non-Motor risks to customers, in conjunction with Underwriters as appropriate.
- Contribute towards the development of a high Company image of professionalism, competence and customer satisfaction.
PERSON SPECIFICATION KNOWLEDGE:
- The principles, practices and legalities of all major classes of General Insurance.
- The UK General Insurance market in respect of both Personal and Commercial insurances.
- Underwriting and rating factors, and how these are applied in relation to all major classes of Commercial insurance.
- Industrial processes, construction methods and factors, security measures, Health & Safety legislation and Risk Management techniques.
- The FCA Principles of Business, Private Customer Code and the FCA Commercial Code.
- The Company's Complaints Procedure.
- The operation of the Company's IT system, including procedures, authority limits and audit trails.
- Insurance register preparation techniques.
- Credit Management procedures.
- Requirements of money laundering legislation.
- 26 Days Holiday
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Comprehensive L&D Programme
- CII / ACII Qualifications, Funded and Supported
- Career Progression, Fully supported within the branch or wider group
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Good working knowledge of General Insurance contracts including Property, Casualty, Motor, Financial Lines and Marine and awareness of Aviation.
- Good IT skills on core Microsoft office systems.
- Good behaviours in line with our Values; Delivery of Technical & Strategic Know-how, Communication, Quality Focus, Adherence to Systems & Procedures, Problem Solving & Solution Focused, Teamwork, Planning Organising & Agility and Self-Development.
If you are an experienced Insurance Account Handler with the required skills, please send your CV for immediate consideration. We are currently shortlisting for interviews.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.