£45,000 to £55,000 + BENEFITS + FREE PARKING
MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 9AM - 5PM
We're partnering with a highly successful based in Cheadle that is looking to recruit an additional person to join the finance team in the capacity of an Accountant as the business is on a trajectory to double in size in the next 3 years.
As an Accountant you'll report to the Financial Controller who is ultimately responsible for leading all finance operations for the business.
The successful candidate will need to present themselves as a strong number 2 who is able to handle the running of the function in the absence of the Financial Controller. As Accountant, you'll be involved in preparing the Monthly Management Accounts, Forecasting, Budgeting, Reconciliation, Inputting Journal Entries and general transactional finance work.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to take a step into this role and play a key role in the business.
THE ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- Responsible for the day-to-day financial tasks including adding key financial data from the other system onto Sage.
- Preparing of month end management accounts and creating forecasts
- Involved in the preparation for the Year end audit and liaising with the external practice.
- Preparing Sales Invoices, Posting Supplier Invoices, Recording Transactions, Reconciliation and Journals
- Assist in the management of the data from the other systems.
- Support and work closely with financial controller in daily tasks and ad hoc reports.
- Calculate and post monthly interest.
- Maintain the monthly income schedule and reconcile to Sage.
- Update and maintain schedules and reconcile to Sage.
- Managing the fee spreadsheet and prepay invoices to be paid on redemption/accrue payments not yet invoiced.
- Calculate and post accruals & Post pre-payments including Commission & Outstanding invoices.
- Post any new fixed assets and monthly depreciation on to Sage and update asset schedule.
- Review and check through the accounts to ensure everything has been posted and looks correct.
- Post dividends, update vouchers, reconcile directors accounts and accrue any unpaid dividends.
- Update and review month end report pack (P&L, balance sheet and reports)
- Must be a fully Qualified Accountant with either CIMA or ACCA with current experience of working in an Accountant, Management Accountant or Finance Manager role or similar.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills is a must.
- Experience of working with Sage 50 or similar would be an advantage, however, the business is willing to train anyone who has used other finance systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Great communication skills and able to build strong relationships with Key Stakeholder and Colleagues
Please send your CV for the Accountant position via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.