£27,000 to £28,500 + BENEFITS + PARKING
We're exclusively partnering with a highly successful business located in the Scunthorpe area that is looking to recruit an additional Accounts Assistant to the finance team to complement their strategic business growth objectives.
As an Accounts Assistant, you'll be responsible for ensuring accurate reconciliation of the bank, customer/supplier accounts and the balance sheet, including adding pre-payments & accruals. In addition, you'll undertake the responsibility for processing a variable weekly payroll and fixed monthly payroll. Other responsibilities will include; processing expenses and supporting the Sales Ledger Clerk and Purchase Ledger Clerk as and when required.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced growing business where you'll have the opportunity to continue to progress you career in finance.
THE ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT ROLE:
- Working as part of the Finance team, reporting to the Financial Controller and supporting other members of the team
- Responsible for ensuring that the bank, balance sheet and customer/supplier accounts are accurately reconciled.
- Assisting with Month End tasks, ensuring that the appropriate accruals and pre-payments are accurately added to the system.
- Leading on the weekly variable payroll and the fixed monthly payroll
- Processing the payroll accurately on Sage Payroll, seeking final approval, sending payslips and processing payment
- Creating Payroll reporting as and when required
- Preparing and seeking authorisation for weekly and monthly expense claims
- Assisting the wider finance team such as the Sales Ledger Clerk, Purchase Ledger Clerk and Credit Controller as and when required
- Conducting analysis work to support with the month end process.
- Must have experience as an Accounts Assistant or similar, such as an Accounts Clerk, Finance Assistant, Finance Clerk or Payroll Clerk
- Must have experience of processing Payroll.
- Experience of Sage Accounting Software and Sage Payroll
- Experience of Reconciliation, Pre-Payments, and Accruals
- Able to use MS Excel to an Intermediate level.
- Must have own car to be able to travel to the office location.
Please send your CV for the Accounts Assistant position via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.