Lytham St Annes, (Based from the office 2 days per week)
UP TO £55,000 (Negotiable) + Great Benefits
We're partnering with a highly successful service led business that is looking to enhance the existing finance function by recruiting an additional Financial Accountant to join the team.
Whilst there is a full finance team in place, this role will sit outside of the traditional finance team structure and will be working closely within the Finance Director who will provide 1:1 mentorship as the individual develops with the company. The successful candidate will undertake some of the FD's existing responsibilities to enable them to focus on strategic objectives and acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual who wants to be part of a cutting-edge business where they can fast track their career.
THE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- Regular updating of the company's forecast model, identifying and implementing improvements to make the process, or the model itself, more efficient and robust.
- Working with key stakeholders around the business to identify additional reporting / KPIs that would be of benefit to the company, and implementing through the appropriate solution.
- Production of statutory accounts for the different legal entities within the group, ensuring that they incorporate all current requirements of UK GAAP, plus ensuring that the role holder's technical knowledge is kept up to date for any changes such that these are incorporated when appropriate.
- Responsibility for compliance with all relevant taxes that the company is subject to, including corporation tax and payroll taxes (currently outsourced to an external provider), VAT and P11Ds (handled internally).
- Overall responsibility for the year end external audit, including liaison with the auditors to agree a timetable for each stage of the audit process, overseeing the planning and work stages and ensuring that the audit is completed and statutory accounts fully signed in line with the required deadline.
- Ensure the company's cash is managed effectively ensuring that key supplier relationships are maintained and that returns on cash balances are maximised without jeopardising the company's ability to meet all its liabilities when they fall due.
- Provide cover for the monthly payroll process, including the handling of standard payroll amendments, monthly and quarterly bonuses, monthly sales commissions and any other adjustments required, to ensure that all employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Make proactive recommendations wherever appropriate to improve systems and controls or make cost savings/improve efficiency.
- Fully Qualified Accountant with either an ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualification
- Experience in a Financial Accountant role or similar
- Must have experience of Year End & Audit
- Advanced Skills with MS Excel with the ability to manipulate financial data to produce reporting information.
- Experience of conducting analysis and producing insightful MI Data
- Power BI
Please send your CV for the Financial Accountant via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.