MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT - PART QUALIFIED
UP TO £35,000 (Possibly negotiable 36/37k) + Great Benefits + Bonus
Flexi-Hours, 33 Days Holiday, BUPA, Pension, Discounts and More
We're proud to be supporting a highly successful and reputable business located in Middleton, Manchester that is looking to recruit a Management Accountant to join their established finance team.
As a Management Accountant, you'll own the balance sheet and be responsible for ensuring the appropriate members of the team have completed the monthly reconciliations to ensure consistency of financial reporting. The role includes management accounts, stock accounting, identifying risks and implementing controls, CAPEX accounting and Fixed Asset Register Management.
Experience of managing the end-to-end management accounting process is essential. The role would suit an Assistant Management Accountant or Junior Management Accountant looking for the next step, or an individual who is already operating at a full Management Accountant level.
THE MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- Reporting to the Financial Controller and joining the team as a Management Accountant, you'll be responsible for the end-to-end management accounting process.
- Undertaking full ownership of the balance sheet, ensuring monthly reconciliations are completed by all relevant members of the finance team, ensuring a robust and consistent reconciliation process.
- Maintaining robust controls that identify areas of risk and uncertainty, ensuring that exposure is minimal.
- Maintaining the transactions for accounting for stock including the preparation and submission of monthly & quarterly statutory submissions.
- Take ownership of stock accounting, ensuring that month end stock records are accurate for the monthly accounts.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and prepare and posting monthly depreciation journals.
- Work with the Property Team to ensure that all CAPEX projects are accounted for correctly and that capital and revenue elements are correctly identified for Capital Allowance purposes.
- Develop knowledge of business taxes with a view to future involvement in preparation of business tax submissions including VAT and other statutory tax tasks
- Part or Fully Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Experience of producing management accounts and conducting balance sheet reconciliations
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision preferable
- Good communication skills, both verbal & written, with the ability to clarify and communicate complex issues to non-financial people.
- Previous experience of accounting for a variety of taxes is ideal but not essential.
Please send your CV for the Management Accountant via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.