OPERATIONS MANAGER / STOCKPORT
£50,000 to £60,000 + BENEFITS
We're proud to be exclusively partnering with an SME Manufacturing business located in the Stockport area that is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join the team.
As Operations Manager, you'll be responsible for hands on leadership of Customer Service, Order Fulfilment, Purchasing, Stock Control and Production. As well as, direct management of 8 people, including 1 from the Customer Service person and 7 production/manufacturing people across two small sites.
This is a hands-on office-based position that would suit an individual that is prepared to undertake the hands-on aspects of Customer Service, Purchasing, Stock Management, whilst overseeing the production facility.
THE OPERATIONS MANAGER ROLE:
- Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business, as well as deputising for the GM in their absence.
- Managing 1 person who handles inbound telephone & email-based orders/enquiries (Approx. 30 per day), undertaking hands on activities as and when required.
- Ensuring all orders are processed on the same day to ensure next day delivery for UK orders.
- Responsible for undertaking weekly/monthly strategic purchasing from set key suppliers which includes stock and freight partners, negotiating price to improve sales margins.
- Stock management including stock movements between branches and stock takes and replenishment.
- Ensuring orders are dispatched on time for Next Day UK orders.
- Liaising with logistic partners for international orders ensuring that all customs paper is completed correctly.
- Goods-in - booking in stock and putting stock away.
- Monitoring KPI's such as OTIF, SLA's and Landed Costs
- Running weekly Operations and Management meetings
- Must have current experience in an Operations Manager role or similar, such as; Head of Operations, Office Manager, Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain Manager or Fulfilment Manager.
- Strong Experience of Customer Service, Purchasing, Price Negotiations, Stock Management and People Management
- Good experience with ERP Systems, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in an SME business where you are used to leading and taking a hands-on approach to ensure that the business runs smoothly.
- Manufacturing / FMCG Business Experience
Please send your CV for the Operations Manager role via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.