Lytham St Annes, (Based from the office 2 days per week)
£50,000 to £60,000 + Great Benefits
MOVE FROM PRACTICE TO INDUSTRY - GREAT OPPORTUNITY
We're partnering with a highly successful services led business that is looking to enhance the existing finance function by recruiting an additional Practice Accountant / Finance Business Partner to join the team.
Whilst there is a full finance team in place, this role will sit outside of the traditional finance team structure and will be working closely within the Finance Director, who will provide 1:1 mentorship as the individual develops with the company.
As a Practice Accountant / Finance Business Partner, you'll work closely with the Finance Director to manage the production of technical accounting responsibilities for Month End, Year End, Tax etc. and work closely with the Group CFO and Group CEO as key stakeholders where you'll take the data beyond a reporting level to provide detailed insights, recommendations and present ideas to improve profitability.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual who wants to be part of a cutting-edge business where they can fast track their career.
THE PRACTICE ACCOUNTANT / FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER ROLE:
Finance Business Partner Responsibilities:
- Working closely with key business stakeholders including the FD, Group CFO and Group CEO, as well as, key commercial department heads
- Regular updating of the company's forecast model, identifying and implementing improvements to make the process, or the model itself, more efficient and robust.
- Conducting in-depth analysis, identifying trends, variances and areas of improvement
- Working with key stakeholders around the business to identify additional reporting / KPIs that would be of benefit to the company, and implementing through the appropriate solution.
- Make proactive recommendations wherever appropriate to improve systems and controls or make cost savings/improve efficiency.
- Using data to influence others in the business, delivering presentations to financial and non-financial stakeholders.
Financial / Practice Accountant Responsibilities:
- Production of statutory accounts for the different legal entities within the group, ensuring that they incorporate all current requirements of UK GAAP, plus ensuring that the role holder's technical knowledge is kept up to date for any changes such that these are incorporated when appropriate.
- Responsibility for compliance with all relevant taxes that the company is subject to, including corporation tax and payroll taxes (currently outsourced to an external provider), VAT and P11Ds (handled internally).
- Overall responsibility for the year end external audit, including liaison with the auditors to agree a timetable for each stage of the audit process, overseeing the planning and work stages and ensuring that the audit is completed and statutory accounts fully signed in line with the required deadline.
- Ensure the company's cash is managed effectively ensuring that key supplier relationships are maintained and that returns on cash balances are maximised without jeopardising the company's ability to meet all its liabilities when they fall due.
- Provide cover for the monthly payroll process, including the handling of standard payroll amendments, monthly and quarterly bonuses, monthly sales commissions and any other adjustments required, to ensure that all employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- ACCA or ACA Qualified is essential coming from a Practice Accountancy background, ideally a Mid/Top Tier Practice. Candidates with a ACA, CIMA or ACCA Qualifications from industry, will be considered.
- Good understanding of technical accounting such as Year End, Month End, Management Accounts, VAT, Audit and Tax
- An excellent communicator who either has experience or the ability to undertake finance business partnering tasks taking a commercial view and able to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Advanced Skills with MS Excel with the ability to manipulate financial data to produce reporting information.
- Experience of conducting analysis and producing insightful MI Data
- Power BI
Please send your CV for the Financial / Practice Accountant / Finance Business Partner via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.