Salary up to £45,000
Based in Hemel Hempstead
I'm pleased to be working with a small, family run insurance business looking to add to their Commercial Underwriting team.
If you are an Insurance Underwriter with experience with Commercial Combined policies apply today!
The Commercial Combined Underwriter role:
- Assess and underwrite commercial combined insurance policies, including property, liability, business interruption, and other relevant coverages.
- Analyze risk factors and evaluate potential clients' applications to determine the level of risk and appropriate coverage options.
- Conduct thorough research, including reviewing financial statements, loss history, and industry trends, to make informed underwriting decisions.
- Collaborate with brokers, agents, and other internal stakeholders to gather additional information and negotiate policy terms and conditions.
- Ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines, regulatory requirements, and company policies.
- Monitor and evaluate policy performance, making recommendations for adjustments or cancellations as needed.
- Stay updated on industry trends, market conditions, and emerging risks to proactively adjust underwriting strategies.
A bit about you:
- At least 3 years' experience underwriting or for a commercial combined Insurance product.
- Proven track record of working to and achieving individual targets.
- Proficient in MS Office and with aptitude to use other MS Windows-based software.
- Communication skills - able to communicate to people with various levels of knowledge, over the telephone and in writing.
- Ensure you work within the binding authorities issued to us by insurers.
- But the most important thing is that you are ambitious, you want to grow with us and you come in to work with a can-do attitude.
If you are a Commercial Underwriter, Account Handler or Insurance Broker who's looking for their next step, send over your CV today; we are currently shortlisting for interview.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.