Manchester City Centre / Hybrid (2 Days Per Week at the Office)
£55,000 to £65,000 + Amazing Benefits + More
**This is a permanent role, but open to considering Interim hires whilst recruiting for the role**
We're exclusively supporting a leading not-for-profit organisation located in the heart of Manchester City Centre that is experiencing significant growth. This year the business is set to experience hyper growth and for that reason, they're looking to enhance their finance function with the addition of a Qualified Financial Controller to the team.
As a Financial Controller, you'll be responsible for ensuring high levels of reliable Financial Reporting, Management Information, Financial Controls and Forecasting throughout this expanding organisation. You'll also be involved in enhancing the financial systems to make improvements to the way the organisation operates.
This is the perfect time to join this amazing organisation where you'll not only enhance your experience but be provided the opportunity to thrive and grow your career.
THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER ROLE:
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you'll be joining the team as a Financial Controller with the responsibility for developing and maintaining financial control frameworks to ensure the reliability of accounting systems and financial data.
- Communicating with external auditors and develop the full audit timeline through to accounts sign-off, whilst ensuring that the audit process is efficient.
- Responsible for delivering Group Statutory Accounts across all legal entities
- Manage the balance sheet and ensure that regular account reconciliation takes place and that debtors are actively reviewed.
- Identify any gaps in internal controls and work with stakeholders to develop processes and procedures to mitigate and manage financial risks
- Communicating financial processes and procedures to the local finance team and wider business
- Review and maintain the purchases and expenditure policies
- Reviewing and sourcing of all business insurances on an annual basis
- Leading on improvements related to the finance system and reviewing the possible need to migrate to a new system prior to the key end.
- Training the finance team to ensure that system is fully utilised to make efficiencies both operationally and for month end/year end.
- Payroll Management
- Liaising with the external payroll provider and ensuring payroll queries are handled by HR and department heads
- Must be a Qualified Accountant with either ACA, ACCA or CIMA, Operating at a Finance Manager or Financial Controller level, or similar
- Excellent knowledge of Accounts systems, with the ability to enhance existing systems or migrate to a new system
- Experience of producing Statutory accounts and working with external auditors
- Good experience of setting financial controls and budgets
- Excellent research and analytical skills, with the ability to present data to financial and non-financial professionals
- Strong skills with MS Excel and various financial accounting systems
- Experience of working within an audit function
- Experience or knowledge of charity/not-for-profit accounting and irrecoverable VAT. As well as good knowledge of VAT, CT, Tax Reliefs and Capex allowances
- Experience in the development of a new accounting system
Please send your CV for the Financial Controller position via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.