FINANCIAL CONTROLLER / FINANCE MANAGER
OLDHAM (1 DAY FROM HOME)
£60,000 to £75,000 + 33 DAYS HOLIDAY + BONUS + PRIVATE HEALTH +PENSION
We're proud to be exclusively recruiting for a long-established Manufacturing business located in Oldham that is looking for an experienced Finance Manager / Financial Controller to join the team.
As the Financial Controller / Finance Manager, you'll operate as number 1 in finance and take full responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the finance function. Initially tasked with recruiting two team members to handle transactional activities, re-implementing monthly management accounts, production of budgets/forecasts and defining financial controls/standards throughout the business.
Whilst as Financial Controller / Finance Manager you'll be responsible for the finance function, this role requires a commercially minded individual to undertake Finance Business Partnering tasks to work with key stakeholder and to lead on the improvement of the existing ERP System.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Finance Manager / Financial Controller who'd like to join a forward thinking and growing business.
THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER / FINANCE MANAGER ROLE:
- Reporting the Managing Director, you'll be responsible for leading the finance function.
- Responsible for recruiting & leading a team that leads the transactional elements of finance which includes two team members.
- Full P&L responsibilities, cashflow management, forecasting and budgeting.
- Working closely with the projects team who produce the monthly sales invoices.
- Overseeing the automated purchase ledger invoice capture software to ensure that proper checks are being conducted for accuracy.
- Producing accurate monthly management accounts, reviewing project GP variance, identifying trends and risks
- Overseeing Balance Sheet reconciliations, adding prepayment and accruals
- Preparing year-end financials and working closely with external accountants / auditors
- Leading the ERP improvement project by working with key stakeholders within the business
- Preparing monthly payroll, handling monthly PAYE and quarterly VAT Returns
- Implementing business wide bonus structures to motivate members of the team and to drive growth
- Creating financial reports for the Shareholders, Board of Directors and Non-Executive Directors
- Must be fully ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified
- Current experience as a Finance Manager or Financial Controller is essential.
- Commercially focused with the ability of working with non-financial professionals to make continuous business improvement.
- Experience of working within a Manufacturing, Engineering or Construction led industry would be a huge advantage.
- Experience of working with ERP systems and Xero would be a significant advantage.
- Experience of producing management accounts, financial reporting and analysis is essential.
Please send your CV for Financial Controller / Finance Manager position via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.