FINANCIAL CONTROLLER / FINANCE MANAGER
MANSFIELD AREA / OFFICE BASED
UP TO £55,000 + BENEFITS + PARKING
We're exclusively working with a successful Manufacturing company that is looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager / Financial Controller due to the retirement of the Finance Director.
Reporting to the Managing Director and with ad-hoc advisory from the Finance Director who will become a non-executive Director, you'll be responsible for leading the finance function for the business. Your role will include managing a small finance team to handle the transactional tasks, whilst you handle the Monthly Management Accounts, Forecasts, Cash Management, Budgets, Year End, VAT and HMRC Matters.
The successful candidate will be able to progress to a Financial Director role in the future as they grow with the company. An excellent opportunity for an individual who loves the end-to-end hands on management of the finance function.
THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER / FINANCE MANAGER ROLE:
- Reporting the Managing Director and with ad-hoc advice from the Non-Executive Director (the Ex FD), you'll be responsible for leading the finance function.
- Leadership of a team of two that are responsible for the Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, Credit Control, Purchase Orders and Payroll.
- Bank Account Management including UK & Foreign Currency transactions.
- Producing the Monthly Management Accounts, including Forecasts, Budgets, Variance Reports and Commentary
- Identify Trends and Budget Variances, raising this with the Key Stakeholder and making recommendations.
- Oversee the management of the weekly & monthly Payroll and the Pensions
- Responsible for producing and submission of the VAT Returns.
- Lead contact for the External Accountants, Auditors, HMRC, Bank, Key Utilities Providers, and the External IT Support provider.
- Responsible for managing and controlling Stock including WIP, Finished Goods and Materials.
- Producing the annual report for sustainability and green initiatives
- Must have experience at Finance Manager or Financial Controller level, with people management experience.
- Fully Qualified Accountant with ACA, ACCA or CIMA, for an exceptional candidate, a Part Qualified or Finalist candidate will be considered providing they intend to become qualified.
- Experience within a Manufacturing business would be an advantage but is by no means essential.
- Good experience of Management Accounts, Budgeting, Forecasting and Cash Management
- Strong with MS Excel and to be able to manipulate data to identify trends.
Please send your CV for the Finance Manager / Financial Controller via the advert for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.