FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - CONSTRUCTION
SHREWSBURY (HYBRID/FLEX AVAILABLE)
UP TO £70,000 (Potentially Negotiable to £75k) + Benefits
We're exclusively supporting a well-respected Engineering company located in Shrewsbury who is looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller to join the business.
The Financial Controller position is a newly created role to help support the companies ambitious growth plans where they look to double in size over the next 3 years.
You'll be responsible for leading the transactional finance team, financial reporting, Cash flow Forecasting, P&L Management / Forecasting, Budgeting, Management Accounts and Financial Reporting.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate who'd like to take on a newly created role, introduce new procedures, set strategies and create efficiencies in a rapidly expanding business.
THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER ROLE:
- Reporting the Managing Director, you'll be responsible for leading the finance function.
- Leading a team that leads the transactional elements of finance which includes a Finance Manager and 2 ledger clerks.
- Full P&L responsibilities, cashflow management, forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for the Financial Planning and Analysis
- Producing accurate reporting, reviewing project GP variance, identifying trends and risks
- Overseeing the management of the Debtor Days and Ensuring that accounts/projects are placed on stop until payments clear
- Preparing financials for year to and liaising with the external accountants
- Working closely with the external accountants who manage the current management accounts process with a view to bringing these internal within the next 6 to 12 months.
- Responsible for running a project to move the financial systems from Sage 50 to a modern ERP System (to be defined which one) to create efficiencies and set the business for growth
- Creating financial reports for the Shareholders, Board of Directors and Non-Executive Directors
- You'll need experience as a Financial Controller or currently be in a similar role such as; Finance Manager, Finance Business Partner, Senior Management Accountant, Finance Director
- Must have experience within a similar industry such as Manufacturing, Construction, Engineering where the business is involved in Project based work
- CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Experience of producing management accounts, financial reporting and analysis is essential.
- Experience of working with ERP systems and Sage 50 would be a significant advantage.
Please send your CV for Financial Controller position via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.