Manchester City Centre / Hybrid (2 Days Per Week at the Office)
Up to £45,000 (Negotiable up to £50k) + Amazing Benefits + More
**This is a permanent role, but open to considering Interim hires whilst recruiting for the role**
We're exclusively supporting a leading not-for-profit organisation located in the heart of Manchester City Centre that is experiencing significant growth. This year the business is set to experience hyper growth and for that reason, they're looking to enhance their finance function with the addition of a Qualified Management Accountant to the team.
As a Management Accountant, you'll be responsible for producing highly quality Financial Reporting, Management Information and Forecasting to enable decisive decision making throughout all parts of this expanding operation. You'll also be involved in enhancing the financial reporting systems to make improvements to the way the organisation operates.
This is the perfect time to join this amazing organisation where you'll not only enhance your experience but be provided the opportunity to thrive and grow your career.
THE MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- Working closely with the SLT, you'll be responsible for owning a number of P&L budgets across the business and attending regular meetings with budget holders
- Responsible for delivering monthly management accounts and information with 5 days of the month end and producing forecasts within 10 days
- Reviewing, investigating and reporting on key variances to budgets in management accounts and communicating at the management meeting.
- Working with members of the Finance team to improve team and organisation performance. This will could include working on finance or other systems, finance process improvement or supporting other organisational areas to help them improve.
- Working with key departments to share information on effectively managing budgets.
- Undertake regular monthly budget reviews with key budget areas.
- Work with key budget holders to develop project level financial performance reports that are easy to update/maintain as well as provide accurate information and insight.
- Financial administration of the owned budgets within the Group to ensure accurate recording of transactions.
- Work with other members of the Finance team to develop the monthly reporting available from the finance system including simple and clear budget performance reports and dashboards for all key budget holders.
- Develop the transactional level reporting from the financer system for effective financial management of projects.
- Must be a qualified accountant with either ACA, ACCA or CIMA, with experience of delivering Monthly Management Accounts. Ideally experience of someone working within a dedicated Management Accountant
- Strong experience of researching and analysing financial data, with the ability of presenting this clearly to both financial and non-financial professionals.
- Experiencing of producing monthly management accounts and forecasting to tight deadlines
- Commercially aware with strong communication skills to present to management and director level within the business
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Excellent MS Excel skills as well as the wider Microsoft packages
- Any experience of charity accounting and irrecoverable VAT, as well as an understanding of various taxes including; VAT, CT, Tax Reliefs and Capital Allowances would be an advantage
- Experience or knowledge of charity accounting and irrecoverable VAT.
- Experience in the development of a new accounting system, mapping out new processes and reporting.
- Enthusiasm for training, mentoring and support of emerging talent.
TO APPLY: Please send your CV for the Management Accountant Role via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.