UP TO £25,000 BASIC + GREAT BENEFITS + STUDY SUPPORT
HYBRID AFTER PROBATION & TRAINING
We're exclusively supporting a highly respectable business located in Croydon who is looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger to join their finance team.
As a Purchase ledger, you'll need to demonstrate that you have a passion for a career in finance by having already started your AAT qualifications or have gained some experience within accounts. The successful candidate will work closely with the Finance Manager who will personally train you in Purchase Ledger / Sales Ledger work, bank reconciliation, credit control and general finance tasks.
The business will also support you with your studies to acquire your AAT Level 2 / Level 3 / Level 4 to enable you to become a qualified accounts professional. This is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious individual who has a positive outlook, confident communication skills and one that would like to build a rewarding career with a successful company.
THE PURCHASE LEDGER ROLE:
- Inputting and verifying supplier invoices.
- Speaking to suppliers to query invoices and ensuring errors are corrected.
- Monitoring the Sales Ledger and chasing customers about overdue accounts
- Liaising with department managers with regards to overdue accounts
- Providing support to the Finance Manager to prepare month end accounts
- Undertaking external online training in relation to AAT qualifications
- General finance administration
- Ideally have some experience in Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger role or similar, however, attitude and general desire to succeed is more important.
- Computer literate with MS Office, specifically MS Excel where you'll need to demonstrate an intermediate level of capability.
- Any experience with Sage 50 or similar would be an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail, able to spot errors and rectify.
- Strong communicator with the confidence to speak with customers, suppliers and internal management.
Please send your CV for the Accounts Assistant position via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.