Accounts Payable Clerk / Purchase Ledger Clerk
Crewe / Hybrid Working
Up to £32,000 + Benefits
We're proud to be exclusively supporting a highly successful business who has achieved impressive growth over the last 5 years and is on track to double the size of the business over the next 3 years!
Their impressive growth has seen the business transition from a UK focused business to a major supplier which now operates at an international level. As a result, they work with an impressive portfolio of clients ranging from mid-sized businesses to some of the world's largest organisations.
To complement their clear growth strategy, they're looking to recruit an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Payable Clerk to join the team, and whilst you'll focus on the accounts payable function, there is opportunity to get involved with wider tasks within the finance team.
This is a great opportunity for a career driven individual to join a fast-growing business and to be mentored by a highly experienced finance professionals.
The Accounts Payable Clerk / Purchase Ledger Clerk:
- Working as part of a busy finance team taking responsibility for the purchase ledger where you'll be handling around 70 purchase invoices per week.
- Collaborating with the purchasing team to ensure that all invoices have a PO number, that they align with the order and that the supplier has fulfilled the order prior to payment.
- Double checking all invoices for accuracy including the invoiced entity, the description, nominal level coding and ensuring that the invoice matches the PO order values.
- Responsible for conducting supplier account reconciliations, identifying errors and ensuring that queries are raised with suppliers as and when required.
- Working closely with the IT team who are implementing a new ERP system which will include creating efficiencies within the finance team.
- Ensuring supplier invoices are paid within the specified payment terms, bulk uploading to the bank and seeking payment approval from the Director.
- Managing the supplier invoice inbox and ensuring that all queries and invoices are processed.
- Assisting the Sales Ledger team and the wider accounts function as and when required.
- Current experience of working within Accounts based position and have held any of the following positions: Purchase Ledger Clerk, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Assistant, Finance Assistant or similar.
- Must be able to demonstrate high levels of accuracy as this will be essential.
- Experience of working with Dynamics 365 / ERP would be an advantage but is by no means essential.
- Computer literate with MS Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as confident in learning new systems quickly is important.
- Good communication skills with the confidence to communicate with Directors and department heads.
Please send your CV for the Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Payable Clerk via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.