PURCHASE LEDGER CLERK
UP TO £25,000 + BENEFITS
We're partnering with a highly successful business that is looking to enhance their finance team by recruiting an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk.
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk, you'll be responsible for handling a volume of purchase invoices, ensuring they match purchase order numbers, handling queries and reconciling supplier accounts.
This is a great opportunity to work with an experienced finance team where you'll be able to advance your career.
THE PURCHASE LEDGER ROLE:
- Working as part of the finance team assisting the team with invoices, queries, reconciliations, and payments
- Daily contact by telephone, email or in person, with other team members and work colleagues from other departments and branches.
- Daily contact with suppliers by telephone and e-mail
- Processing Vendor Credit Applications requests from different departments.
- Print and ensure all invoices once printed are scanned.
- Check and post invoices with accuracy for payment, including matching up invoices with our purchase orders.
- Ensuring all invoices are correctly calculated (including VAT) and sufficiently detailed and meet standard set out in purchase ledger procedures.
- Check goods received with invoices on accrual.
- Reconcile suppliers' statements monthly.
- Payment of proforma invoices and others.
- Assist in creating procedures to improve efficiency of the function.
- Must have experience in a Purchase Ledger role or similar, such as, Accounts Assistant or Accounts Payable.
- Sound organisational and administrative skills, including managing time effectively.
- The ability to deal confidently with people with clear and effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Good numeracy skills, IT literacy and experience of Microsoft packages.
Please send your CV for the Purchase Ledger Clerk role via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.