SENIOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT / ASSISTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
NORTHWEST LONDON / NW2 / HYBRID 2 to 3 DAYS HOME
£60,000 TO £70,000 BASIC + FULLY SUBSIDISED PUBLIC TRANSPORT + BENEFITS
We're proud to be partnering with a large business located in Northwest London who is looking to recruit a Senior Management Accountant / Assistant Financial Controller to join the team.
As the Management Accountant / Assistant Financial Controller, you'll be responsible for leading a small team and take lead on the month end process across multiple entities, producing management accounts, forecasts and budgets. In addition, you'll be involved in the statutory accounting elements such as Year End, VAT Returns, financial reporting and some finance business partnering with key department heads.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career driven and fully qualified Management Accountant that wants to be part of an impressive business where you can continue to progress your career.
THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT / ASSISTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLLER ROLE:
- Reporting to the Financial Controller, you'll join the business as a Senior Management Accountant / Assistant Financial Controller
- Responsible for leading and developing a small team of finance professionals, and deputising for the Financial Controller where required to lead the wider team.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly management accounts and variance analysis for each entity, within deadlines set and ensuring that the board and management has a full understanding of the company performance against budget.
- Review of monthly journals and the Balance Sheets to ensure that it is a true and fair reflection of the financial position.
- Working closely with each business division and key stakeholders to understand the reporting requirements and agree format and content.
- Support the Financial Controller in preparing reports, reconciliations and supporting documentation for Statutory, Interim and Internal Audits.
- Assisting the Financial Controller and the CFO with the wider finance strategy and financial planning tasks
- Establish a clear framework for the flow of information both to and from the finance department.
- Assisting and participating in projects that may require joint input by the Heads of Departments
- Management/assistance/cover of key Finance areas, including Treasury, Purchase Ledger, Revenue accounting and Invoicing functions.
- Ensure that all internal controls are operating effectively, including ensuring accurate reconciliations are prepared.
- Ensure that Corporate Governance standards are complied with relating to bank mandates and financial authority limits.
- Must be fully ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified and have a minimum of 2 to 3 year's post qualified experience in a Management Accountant or Assistant Financial Controller role or similar.
- Demonstrable experience of good all-around accounts experience including management accounts, analysis and balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Treasury and Financial Reporting.
- Excellent attention for detail with the ability to interpret and present statistical data.
- Able to build lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Skilled in the use of IT systems with PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Exposure to Oracle accounting system would be an advantage.
- Ideally already some experience of leadership and development of a team
Please send your CV for the Senior Management Accountant / Assistant Financial Controller role via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.