UP TO £50,000 + BENEFITS
We're recruiting on behalf of successful group of companies that operate in the construction industry and they're looking to recruit a hands-on Finance Manager to work closely with the Finance Director.
As Finance Manager, you'll be responsible for handling the transactional finance activities, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Invoice Approvals, Bank / Account Reconciliation, CIS Payments and working closely with contractors.
In addition, you'll be involved in month end activities adding accruals, prepayments, VAT Returns and the preparation of monthly management accounts.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding business where you can continue to expand your career in Finance.
THE FINANCE MANAGER ROLE:
- Working closely with the Finance Director, you'll be responsible for running the finances for one of the subsidiaries and assisting in group wide accounting as and when required.
- Management of the Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Credit Notes, Bank Reconciliation and Account Reconciliation
- Maintaining Purchase Order numbers and approval procedures
- Preparing supplier payments and authorisation transactions
- Handling supplier and subcontractor payments, including reconciliation.
- Ensuring accuracy in supplier and subcontractor statements
- Responsible for the creation of sales invoices, credit notes, and customer communications
- Daily cash posting and effective resolution of sales queries.
- Providing support across various finance department functions
- Liaising with suppliers, customers, subcontractors, and internal teams
- Managing CIS deductions, HMRC returns, journals, accruals, prepayments, retention journals, VAT returns, and month-end processes.
- Must have experience as an Accountant or Finance Manager, open to considering both QBE / Qualified by Experience or Fully Qualified in ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Recent experience in sales and purchase ledger tasks
- Strong communication, exceptional task prioritisation, and organisational skills
- A positive, team-oriented attitude with acute attention to detail
- Essential: CIS expertise, proficiency in Xero, Excel
Please send your CV for the Finance Manager via the advertisement for immediate consideration.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.