IT SUPPORT ENGINEER - MSP
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Up to £38,000, Monday - Friday, 9-5, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
We're currently supporting a highly successful IT Managed Services Provider located in the Newcastle area who is looking to expand their operation due to the continued success of the organisation.
As an IT Support Engineer, you'll be responsible for delivering 2nd and 3rd line support to end user clients both remotely and onsite (within Newcastle and surrounding areas) and will support technologies within the Microsoft stack. You'll need a good understanding of Office 365 to an admin level with experience of Azure AD.
You'll be involved in a number of support, migration, problem solving and new installation projects on behalf of their clients. This is an exciting opportunity for an experience IT Support Engineer who has a background within an MSP / Managed Services Provider who is looking to join a progressive and forward-thinking business.
THE IT SUPPORT ENGINEER ROLE:
- To provide 2nd/3rd line technical support to clients both remotely and onsite
- Carry out project work for clients e.g., Office 365 migrations, phone system installations,
- Providing support to O365, Azure AD, Windows Server, Exchange Server, Networking and Virtual environments
- Service Call management including logging initial calls, carrying out and documenting service actions & documenting closed calls & resolutions.
- Conduct software and hardware auditing and license management projects.
- Document IT infrastructure, in terms of hardware/software/ networks/firewalls/routers etc.
- Application management and deployment.
- Management of corporate anti-virus & firewall solutions.
- Responsible for patch management for both desktops and servers in line with Client policies.
- Perform System administration on client infrastructure & servers, including administration and maintenance, backup/restore.
- Must have experience within an IT Support / MSP / Managed Service Provider environment in any of the following positions: IT Support Engineer, Field Service Engineer, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support Engineer or similar
- Good experience of Microsoft technologies such as; Office 365/O365, Windows Server, Exchange Server, Windows OS, Active Directory, Azure AD, General Networking
- Formal Microsoft qualifications to MCSA / MSCE level would be an advantage but is not essential
- Must have a Full UK Driving licence and own car
- Willingness to learn new technologies and progress within an ambitious business
Please send your CV for the IT Support Engineer position for immediate consideration via the advertisement, we will be progressing to interview soon with candidates with the appropriate experience.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.